Art by Wendy paintings, crafts, and other handmade items

Sunday, July 20, 2014

A couple of current projects and some exciting news!



I have been so busy that I didn't even realize it's been over TWO MONTHS since my last post! Here are a couple of projects I've been working on. The first is my homemade soap. I'm a beginner soapier so I am still learning the craft. I was pretty happy with these soaps though! The top pic is red apple (pink and white soap) and Vanilla bean ( brown soap)


This is my sunny herb garden soap


and this is my lilac soap
 



I have also been working on a few new pieces of Steampunk Jewelry. I had a commission for some  cuff links and tie pin/tack so I made a few more for up coming craft fairs.







And now my news! After working 4 jobs (3 part time) I am quitting my main job and will only be working 3 days a week giving me lots of time to make new things and go to craft shows! I am so excited to slow down and spend more time crafting and painting! I hope to post more often on my blog and to also join more ATC swaps now that I will have more time :O)

2 comments:

Carmen said...

Wendy,

Your soap looks great! I especially love vanilla bean... mmmm.... You're so lucky to be getting more creative time. I can't wait to see you creations.

Carmen

Debbie said...

Wendy,
I've dabbled in soap making as well and I must congratulate you on your endeavors. I really need a soap mold, but they are solo expensive! I have used all kinds of things for molds, it would make you laugh..
How exciting for you to get to be able to enjoy mor time doing what you love.

Debbie