Art by Wendy paintings, crafts, and other handmade items

Sunday, January 19, 2014

2013 highlights




Here are some of my favorite artistic highlights of 2013. First is this painting I did for a fundraiser for our library. It was a commissioned piece and it took about a year to complete!


   
Next is a few samples of the new Steampunk jewelry I made this year. I had so much fun coming up with new and creative ways to put my "junk" into a new piece of art.








 This was at an annual fundraiser for our local art center. I really enjoy going to different events and talking to people about whatever I am working on at the time.


 
    

Another fun project I get to do every year is our high school one-act play production. I help with the makeup and I have so much fun working with the kids. 






This year I had one of my Steampunk necklaces go to the State art competition and I got an honorable mention!  Its a very tough competition so to get anything is awesome!



And my best highlight of 2013 is my first grand-baby Kalie! She is the cutest baby ever as you can see and she has grandma wrapped around her finger. 2014 should be a great year and I look forward to showing off my newest art projects!

No comments: