Art by Wendy paintings, crafts, and other handmade items

Friday, July 26, 2013

Jane Austin Journal and an Honorable Mention



I was thrilled to find out I had received an honorable mention at our Nebraska state art show this year!  I received it for my steampunk necklace pictured above called "Tubular". Just getting a piece to go to the state show is amazing ...but to actually get recognition is awesome!!




And this is the awesome Jane Austin themed journal I received in the mail today from my partner Lou. She did an amazing job and got really creative! This is a swap I signed up for with my Blissful ATC group. I love the vintage or steampunk projects they come up with and I try to join in when I can....life has been extremely busy lately though and I don't get to sign up for as many swaps as I would like, so I only sign up for the swaps that "call my name" :)



Lou also sent a bunch for really nice goodies! I love how generous other swappers are with their stash!

 

This is the inside of the front cover

 

This is in the middle of the book

 
  
This is the back cover and there is a pocket! I love pockets! (I think Lou can read my mind!)



And last but not least I had to show this little accordion book that was in with the goodies. It's so cute!!! Lou really nailed the Jane Austin theme. Thanks Lou! I love it all! 
I will post pics of the journal I am making for Lou when it's done....did I mention that life has been busy lately?

1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful accomplishment and I love your swset artwork- xo Diana