Art by Wendy paintings, crafts, and other handmade items

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Steampunk Album Swap

 I joined a swap with my group blissfullARTswaps and the theme was a steampunk journal. Of course I signed up for this one...they had me at "Steampunk"!




I tried to make a steampunkish book mark and this is what I came up with

 


My partner was Kim from Art Joy Stuff  so I wanted to personalize it for her








Inside cover. I found this picture and I just loved it (and it's very "steamy")
 


I found some very old authentic times table flash cards so I made Kim a book mark out of one.
 

This is Kim's journal she made me! I LOVE it! It's so cool with the steampunk guy and the tag dividers!


Every page has stampings or stickers! It was so much fun to flip through, Kim did a fantastic job! This was so much fun that I signed up for the "Jane Austin" themed journal swap. I may have to make some journals for gifts this year, they are just so much fun to make!

2 comments:

Gaby Bee said...

What a gorgeous swap. Both steampunk journals are absolutely amazing.

Hugs,
Gaby

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

Hey Wendy, I love my journal, you put such an incredible amount of detail into your art, it's just awesome!
hugs and JOY,
Kimberly