Art by Wendy paintings, crafts, and other handmade items

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Gatherings on the Blue

 
I love a good junk jaunt and when we were visiting my brother-in-law and his family for Thanksgiving they took us to a great out of the way place called "Gatherings on the Blue"

 
It's a farm place that is consigned out to vendor's to sell all kinds of great old junk and some handmade crafts too. I loved this...whatever this is! I wanted to get it but no room in our car for it!

 
I could have spent all day rummaging through everything!

 
This is my brother-in-law Jim. He makes the coolest birdhouses , Nebraska Husker barn wood signs, and other barn wood pieces.

 
Even the house was filled with antiques and other goodies

 
Here are a couple of Husker signs Jim made

 
This is the view from the loft. Every square inch had something in it! I am definitely going back next year! I did not find a website for them but if you live in or near Nebraska they are located 8 miles south of the Seward exit and the owner is Judy Roth (402-560-5984)
 

No comments: