Art by Wendy paintings, crafts, and other handmade items

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Beach themed mini-album





This is a mini-album I made for my brother. He commissioned it for some friends of his. He wanted a beach / ocean theme and this is what I made. The cover has beach glass as the knob to wrap the string on to close the book. I glued several shells that he found at the beach in the corner.


there is a tiny message in a bottle with a tiny seashell and some sand strung with the ribbons


this is a tag book so I made lots of pockets for tags and pictures


this page has a top pocket and a side pocket


I made a journaling booklet using some of his vacation pics printed onto clear plastic


I went with a color scheme of brown and blue. This page has an open ended pocket to slide pics into


I got a lot of my supplies from Alpha Stamps . I love to go to their site and check out the paper section. I found all of these vintage bathing beauties there.


I also found some three dimensional stickers at hobby lobby


this is one of my favorite pages because of the slider card. They are a little tricky to make but they are so cool!


A little doorway with a pic behind it





I like the texture on this page


more cool images from alpha stamps papers


this little square opens up....


into several pages with chalkboard sections


and this is the back of the book. I think it turned out pretty well and I hope the people who receive it like it! I haven't been around to visit everyone's blogs much lately because my oldest son is getting married next Saturday and we have been crazy busy around here getting ready! I'm hoping to have more time in a few weeks to get back to blogging and visiting again! :O)

8 comments:

Moonlyf said...

I love this!!! You're so creative. Awesome! :-)

Carmen

NanaDiana said...

That is just darling. The person that gets it is going to LOVE it! Good luck on your son's wedding. Next week you can breathe a big sigh of delight and relief. xo Diana

Denise said...

WOW!you are so talented.It's so lovely. Denise

Kim said...

I adore this! Thanks so much for posting pics. xo

thistlewoodfarm said...

You are really talented! I love the colors that you chose and really great photography!

Sorry for the rather belated reply to your sweet comment on the blog :) Thanks for joining our "stuff-a-holics" group! Now our shower curtains can be friends!

Have a blessed and wonderful day!

karianne

thistlewoodfarm said...

Wendy,

What an incredible album! Love it. The pockets are the best!

Have a wonderful weekend!

blessings,
karianne

Tattered Rose said...

beautiful work, Wendy!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh, I love this! I live in Florida and love the ocean! This really is special!