Art by Wendy paintings, crafts, and other handmade items

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

New steampunk necklaces


I belong to a local art club and every year we have a spring show in our local mall that is judged. everyone who belongs to the club can submit ten pieces of art and out of all that are submitted about fourteen pieces go to the state art show to be judged again. I did some photography pieces but I also wanted to add some of my steampunk jewelry this year.. so I made three necklaces. My favorite is the first one...I called it time traveler


This is my husbands favorite.


This one I called "timeless" and it won a red so it gets to go to the state show! Woohoo!
I have also been asked to display some of my jewelry at our local art center at the end of this month so I'm getting ready for that too!I want to create a really cool steampunk theme in the glass display cases so I've been looking for objects and ideas to set off the jewelry, so far I found a pair of old goggles in my husbands garage and I'm making a steampunk Parcheesi game from pics I saved from plush possum studio . Any ideas on what else I could display with the jewelry?  More pics to come of my display when it's up!

13 comments:

Michele said...

these are just great! i love the last one. have a great week. xo

artistamyjo said...

They are all just terrific,that first one is a favorite for me!
Hugs

Rhissanna said...

Oh yes, I love the first one, too and congratulations on winning a red ribbon and getting through to go too the State Show!

As for finding steampunky stuff, it can get a little addictive. Let us see some of your finds!

Plush Possum Studio said...

Glorious work! I love these!!!!
Please feel free to add a link to our month-long Links party beginning tomorrow, noon MST, over at our sister blog, Steam Tea Travels.
there ia a link button at Plush Possum Studio to that party in the upper left sidebar.
Our themes include:
Steampunk
teatime
Cairo, Egypt
Victoriana
Travel
etc.
Hope you'll join us!
Rose

Steam Tea Travels said...

Thank you for joining us for this month's link party, Wendy! We're so glad to see you in the line-up!
Rose

cat lacigale said...

Congratulations for this fabulous blog !

Artfully Musing said...

Fabulous!!

art bliss said...

I agree with your hubby I love the second one♥ Congrats on your winning entry, you should be very proud. Great work!

bobbie said...

I love them all! Congrats on winning the red, and good luck at State!

Rhissanna said...

Oh! Congratulations, too, on being the first link at Steam Tea Travels. I was thrilled to see you there!

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

Oh wow, these are really cool, love the look and so unique looking.
Congrats on your winning entry, I so can understand why, and so glad you were able to experience this. Thanks for sharing you creative inspiration at Sunday's Best Par.tay!

anna christensen crafts said...

I like all of them! I am thrilled for you that you won a prize. How fabulous to be asked to display your work at the Art Centre - what an honour, well done!

Martina2801 said...

Your steampunk art is totally divine, dear Wendy! BRAVO!