Art by Wendy paintings, crafts, and other handmade items

Saturday, March 3, 2012

A few new projects....

I feel like I dropped off the face of the planet for awhile now! I have been doing a few craft projects but I've been so busy with on-line classes and work and a few projects at home that I haven't had anything to show. I did make some of these fabric flowers to go on an upcoming project that I will post about later. I am trying to decide if I should stain the edges of the flowers or leave them alone...what do you think?






 My husband made these rings with the parts I had in my jewelry stash while I was at work one day.. I think he did a great job! 








 And I want to say Happy Birthday to my sister Maria in Texas cause I know she checks my blog regularly! Happy Birthday Sis! I miss you!

12 comments:

Jill said...

Gosh, I just ADORE those flowers! I think they are perfect the way they are but would have a pretty, total other look stained.

I see your husband is quite talented too!

Karenliz said...

I love your husbands rings! They are fabulous!

Jenxo said...

the flowers are just gorgeous as they are and i love your hubbys rings....

peggy aplSEEDS said...

i think the flowers would look great either way and it just depends on where you will use them. the rings are super! i just love those watch parts!

Joanne@ Desertmountainbear said...

Beautiful things. I think that the flowers are perfect the way they are. And your husband's rings are fantastic.

Elaine A said...

Hi Wendy -

The flowers are so beautiful! I love how they turned out. I think the decision about staining the edges would depend on where and how you intend to use them. And the rings your husband made - OH WOW! He is a genius! I've never seen anything like them. Wonderful work!

Elaine Allen

Jane Wetzel said...

Hi Wendy- we are partners in the Bliss swap for March (dress forms theme). I actually have yours ready to mail- can u email me your address? jane :)

Michele said...

well when you do pop in you do it with style! the flowers are gorgeous as is and will be gorgeous with stain so you cannot go wrong. the rings absoutely ROCK. happy birthday to your sis! xo

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Wendy,
Oh, your flowers are gorgeous!!! I'd leave them just like they are...beautiful! and the rings your husband made are fabulous too...You two are both so talented! Happy Birthday to Maria!!
XO
Cindy

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Gorgeous fabric flowers and love those rings too!
Hope your sister has a wonderful birthday!

Rhissanna said...

I love those rings (and the Imperial Stormtroopers!) As for the flowers, they're so gauzy and lovely. If the project was to be vintage and aged, then yes, stain them. If not, they look lovely as they are.

Cheryl said...

GASP... your hubby made those rings? All my husband can make is a mess lol Your one lucky girl!!!