Art by Wendy paintings, crafts, and other handmade items

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

winter wonderland

 I woke up this morning and everything was covered in thick frost...it was so pretty I had to take pictures...and I was late for work! It was worth it though!







This is the view outside my house to the north. I live in town but on the edge, so this is my good view. The other side of the house faces gas pumps and houses and a highway.

the morning sun was just peeking up for this shot



This is the first good snow of the year so I just had to share pics! The first snow is always the best!

12 comments:

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

So beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing with us!!!

Donna said...

I'm not a winter lover, but must admit that the frost sure is pretty! Great photos!

Georgie Horn said...

Nashville would be shut down if we got that much snow. It is lovely though!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

I love your frosty pictures. My favorite is the view outside your window. Thanks for sharing.

Cindy F. Adkins said...

Very pretty! We haven't had one of those mornings yet this winter. It's so beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
Hugs, Cindy

Irene said...

Beautiful views,but I would not want to drive in that snow. Houston would be shut down.

sjmcdowell said...

Hi Wendy,

I just wanted to send you a (((Hug)))...just because!!

Love your pictures as well.


Susan
xxoo

Lisa said...

Wendy,
I love your beautiful part of the country. It's still like spring here & I can't stand it. I want some beautiful snow, and a barn wouldn't be bad either:)
Lisa

Linda M. said...

Happy Pink Saturday Wendy, Very beautiful photos. Too bad you had to go to work, hope that frosty stuff was not on the roads. Joyous Wishes, Linda

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh how beautiful, Wendy!!! and I can't thank you enough for my little book. I hope you got my thank you note and saw the other post about it--People are in LOVE with your creations!!!!! I hope that you are having a wonderful weekend--and that you're playing out in the snow!!! XO Cindy

Victoria said...

I wish we'd get some of this snow in Michigan! Haven't had to much this year! Your pics are lovely!!!!!

The Belly Dancer said...

Beautiful pictures! You have a great view. And the snow is beautiful, I'm starting to miss it.