Art by Wendy paintings, crafts, and other handmade items

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Vintage Handbags

My weekend project were these vintage inspired hand bags. I dug into my lace scrap bag and this is what I came up with!

This one has sheet music on the background from  http://graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/ , a few watch parts and buttons, some tape measure ribbon, and a little bling :)



I used a beautiful doily I found at a craft show this summer with a watch face and an old key and tag that says 'create'.





More sheet music, buttons, key ,and a metal tag that says 'vintage'


I think this is my favorite one. I had a really cool old button with the paint peeling off in this awesome aqua blue color, and I also ran across an applique flower with the same blue color. I love that color blue with brown!


This one has a transfer I made from http://graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/,they have so many really cool designs to pick from! I just put iron-on transfer paper in my printer and voila! I used these old green felt buttons and another watch face.

Next weekend I will be at the Yuletide Market at Divots in Norfolk both Saturday and Sunday. and the weekend after that I will be at the Wausa holiday craft show! It's been crazy trying to get all these crafts done but I see the light at the end of the tunnel!!

12 comments:

Plush Possum Studio said...

Wendy, I can hardly believe my eyes!
These are a perfect blend of pretty and Steampunk--let's call it Steampunk Finery!
LOVE each one.
And all the colors you've chosen really blend nicely with your theme.
Like little iced cakes, each one.
Rose

Plush Possum Studio said...

Whoops! my bad!
Forgot to Say Thank You for joining your blog's pretty offerings to the Link party going on now over at Steam Tea Travels.
Rose

Vicki said...

These really turned out great. I love the one with the butterflies

❀ⒹⒺⒺ❀@ A Lapin Life said...

Your vintage bags are beautiful!!

Dee

Plush Possum Studio said...

Forgot to say Thank You for your Follow over at Steam tea!
So Thanks!
Rose

Steam Tea Travels said...

Hi Wendy!
Thanks for adding a link to our new posting spot.
It's really great having you aboard!
Just a heads-up--were you aware you can have more than one link in our line-up?
Well, you can!
We don't limit the number of times you'll list.
Still loving your clock face trimmed handbags!
I think they'd be a great addition.
You might even caption your thumbnail, "Steampunk style handbags"
That way, others can find more wonders here at your spot.
Just a thought.
Feel free to delete this comment.
:)
Rose

artistamyjo said...

These are gorgeous Wendy,love allspecial touches.
Hugs

Artfully Musing said...

Your bags are so beautiful! Laura

LuLu Kellogg said...

Oh WOW...these are absolutely beautiful!

LuLu~*xoxo

Mina said...

Oh my goodness! These are so gorgeous. What a fabulous idea.

Wanda said...

Theses are just beautiful.TTFN

Steam Tea Travels said...

I still love these bags so much! What pretty things you have here!
Rose