Art by Wendy paintings, crafts, and other handmade items

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Vintage Christmas ornaments

I needed some decorations for my table at an upcoming craft show but I didn't want anything to colorful or "loud" that would make the table look cluttered, plus I wanted a vintage look..I found this idea on  http://simplesisterblog.blogspot.com/ . I took some old Christmas balls that I was ready to throw out and made them useable again!

I found an old book already falling apart and tore the pages into strips, put some glue on the back of the strips and smoothed them onto the Christmas balls..kinda tricky and my fingers were full of glue before I finished my first one!

after they dried a little I also put a little glue around the top of the ball and added some glitter

then I ran around the house looking for little boxes and wrapped them in craft paper and twine. I'm hoping this will be neutral enough to be simple but still festive. I will post pictures of my table after the show this weekend!

6 comments:

artistamyjo said...

What a terrific idea,they are lovely.
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs

Curtains In My Tree said...

I like those paper balls LOL

Lynn Stevens said...

I LOVE this idea, they look wonderful. can't wait to see your display!

As far as the question about the ATC group .its Vintage Photo images. heres a link if you'd like morevinformation.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VintagePhotoImageATCs/
hugs Lynn

whymsicalmusings said...

Oh this is a fabulous idea! I love this! I pinned it to my pinterest. So lovely!
XXX
Becky

Thespoena McLaughlin said...

I really like this. It's perfect for decorating a booth to make your product more prominent. Love it!

Thespoena McLaughlin said...

Ok, one more thing, I've loved reading all of your posts so I'll be adding you to my sidebar so I can come visit often. Hugs!