Art by Wendy paintings, crafts, and other handmade items

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Maria's steampunk mini album

This is the album I made my sister who is going to move to Texas soon. I decided to make her album a travel theme...and here are some pictures of the album.
this page has a pocket along the bottom for tags and a tri-fold pocket for pictures on top

Just a simple page with a pocket, but I love the little "message in a bottle" attached to the binder ring!

this pocket was made from an advertising leaflet for a fashion show in a nearby town. I thought it was absolutely cool so I had to add it!

staying with the travel theme I made this page out of a shipping sack and covered it with train themed papers. I also used an actual train ticket stub I had for a tag


I love how the little calender in the corner turned out! I printed each page out on card stock and used stamp ink to age them.

In the bottom edge of the pocket I made a small tear in the paper and lined the back with sheet music. It just peaks through like something is hiden behind the paper!

This little book is filled with scraps of my hand made paper and would be great for journaling.

I have an old treasure map inside the pink envelope

I used an old key for the closure on the first envelope. I also found some really cute tiny paper bags at hobby lobby and used one for a pocket.

this is a slider card and it took me about ten tries to make it right! I found a tutorial on you tube on how to make these cards and I had to try one.

Since Maria is going to Texas I printed out an old Texas map and an old world map for the last page.

I used a tag from a pair of my daughters jeans for the closure to the book. It had a twine string already attached and I think it looks really cool!Well, that's her album so far, I may add more bits here and there but I think it's pretty close to done. It was a lot of fun to make but very time consuming!

1 comment:

Nata said...

super!!!!!!!!!!!